Section 8 Facts logo on a transparent background.

Veteran’s section 8 housing

There is a special program within the section 8 waiting list that you should know about if you are a veteran. This program is called VASH which stands for Veteran Affairs Supportive Housing.

How do I take advantage of this?

First you need to be a client of a participating Veteran Affairs Medical Center (VAMC). Ask your local housing authority which Veteran Affairs Medical Center’s they have partnerships with? Or you can do it vice-versa and ask your VAMC which partnership section 8 agencies they work with.

Have your case worker get in touch with Section 8

Have your casework call section 8 and explain to them that you are a veteran seeking affordable housing under the Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing program. If the local housing authority works with the local VA then you may get a voucher quickly.


Subscribe now to our Newsletter!