, ,

Section 8 Landlords scariest word… ABATEMENT!

[et_pb_section admin_label=”section”][et_pb_row admin_label=”row”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text”]


An Abatement is the suspension of rent payment to the Landlord after failing an inspection within the allowable time-frame.

That’s why it’s very important you pass or AT LEAST TRY to pass the 1st time. If the problem is a life threatening or a serious health and safety violation, you must correct the problem within 24 hours.  Inspector will advise you.

You might fail for something you missed or didn’t notice, but believe me, you will kick yourself in the back if you fail for one of “the usual suspects”, like smoke detectors, stove burners not working, loose handrail, outlets… Being prepared for the inspection is the key.

[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section fullwidth=”off” specialty=”off” admin_label=”Section”][et_pb_row admin_label=”Row”][et_pb_column type=”1_2″][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”1_2″][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]

What do you think?

0 points
Upvote Downvote

Total votes: 2

Upvotes: 1

Upvotes percentage: 50.000000%

Downvotes: 1

Downvotes percentage: 50.000000%

Written by Jason Strick

A landlord and Section 8 housing and application expert.


Leave a Reply
  1. Hello, I know this is a little off the topic but I am porting from Alabama to Covington Georgia do anybody know where I can find a house for rent that is privately owned and no credit check????

  2. I will like to know what come in the package when you doing a portable to monroe country p.a if anyone know and can you start look for a place right then and there or you have to wait for something in the mail from them

  3. I live in Atlanta don’t like it been here for about two mouths landlord willing to let me out my lease but the lady at the sec8 office says no I have to be here a year but acording to the deport papers it said i can as long me and my landlord agree ..she said if i leave she would put a ud on my name and terminate my vocture can she do that …just wondering because she has a nasty atude ….

    • If you haven’t been on the program for over a year youcan’t move. If the landlord give you permission to move then it should be okay. Talk to her supervisor because I’veleft my place before my lease was up and I had no issues.

    • Do your homework on Georgia laws and all. It’s different here in Georgia.,.. First let me say that…. Georgia housing search ….. Will help you look for housing also will tell u if private owner and if they do background check n credit check

    • That is correct as long as you and your landlord agree to a early lease termination. Have him type up a letter in regards to you giving him your 60 day notice to vacate the unit make sure he puts on there the day the 60 day notice started and when he is allowing you to vacate the unit and you have to date it for the end of the month as the last day. If they are still denying you I would contact your regional office that deals with your specific pha.

  4. I just received my voucher for L.A. county but my situation is this…i babysit for my daughter and she’s moving to San Bernardino county and she wants me to transfer so I can continue to babysit and get paid. The requirement is min 15 hrs a week to work to transfer which I would be doing. So my questions are…will my voucher amount change and is there a way to find out before I submit for the transfer? How long would the process take and are the rules different?

  5. Hello Ashley yes I fought a house in Conyers pretty close to Covington. The
    whole process took about a month in a half from turning in paper work, porting out, and finding a house..Let me know if you have anymore Questions

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *