Ask QuestionsCategory: I have Section 8Money that doesn't come to me is being added to my voucher
Elizabeth asked 1 year ago

My husband just had his 5th heart attack and I asked housing if he could be added to my voucher in order for us to care for him. We were separated for 10 years. He is unemployed and is a veteran receiving a monthly disability check for his heart condition. The problem here is that his entire check goes directly to the mother of his son for child support. He had a brief relationship with someone while we were separated and had a child. I never see this money but housing claims it as income therefore my rent has doubled and my life just got harder all for trying to help a loved one! What can I do???

Yvette Vallier replied 10 months ago

If he is receiving disability, his child automatically receives one to and I don’t think disability can be garnished.

Sylvia J. replied 1 year ago

Then you need to investigate that because child support cannot take the entire amt. in fact I don’t think they can take any federal or government monies for child support, I was told only monies that come from working was eligible. when my son’s father was receiving G.R/ unemployment, my son didn’t get a payment and when he started working again they had to leave enough for him to live on. I am not being funny but he cheated in your marriage now he may be lying about that money, you need to check it out.

Your Answer