Ask QuestionsCategory: General Questionscan a elderly disable parent be added to your section 8
connie castro asked 8 months ago

1 Answers
Lenny answered 8 months ago

Hi Connie,
To add a parent, you must first go to your housing authority and request a “change form”. Fill it out and provide all information about your parent, including income, disability status, etc. You will also be asked to provide proof of your relationship. The Housing Authority will review the form and will either grant or deny permission for the parent to move in. Do not allow the parent to move in until you have official approval. If approval is granted, you will most likely receive a larger voucher size. It is possible that your application may be expedited due to the parent’s disability.

Your Answer